Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I woke up and it was all a dream...

Soundtrack: Thin Lizzy / Boys Are Back In Town

Would you like me to tell you it was a disaster? Would that make you happy? Would you like me to say that I wish we had never gone, the place was digusting, it rained the whole time, the company was horrible, I am bitter and angry and in hate with the world in general?

Hmmm. I'm not big on lying.

We held hands as we snorkeled and from the left, along the ocean floor swam a giant turtle. We followed it for a few minutes, watching it cruise majestically along until staring at each other underwater, both in awe at what we had just witnessed, we smiled and swam back to shore to gasp in wonder and polish off another bottle of Mumm Champagne.

We ate lobster and cheese alone on our own tiny island, on the edge of a coral reef in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, naked conquerors, exploring an island not 50ft wide in either direction. It was known as Nookie Island. Not without good cause.

We ate and ate and ate and ate and ate and ate...and somehow...lost weight. Three courses every meal, on the beach, in our hut, on top of a cliff over looking a beach so perfect it simply should not exist in a world this far gone.

We made friends, a real friendship, with a Billionaire who is currently making his own resort not far from where we stayed. It will be finished next March and on the waiting list to stay there is Madonna, Harrison Ford...and now...us.

There is more, so much more, but I am still a little speechless...wordless...Fiji Time has not yet loosened its grip on me, nor do I want it to.

Photos soon.

Hi.

Omar.

x

11 comments:

  1. good. now, what did you bring me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...Love? They quarantined the Fijian Hotness that I had stashed in my bag for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, the bastards once qurantined a a coconut bra i tried to bring in from thailand that a norwegian boy band wannabe made for me.

    i''m glad you had a wonderful time, most beautiful of boys.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am buying many tattslotto tickets.

    It is a place I feel I MUST take us all.

    Seeing you bare breasted and smiley on the beach there...hehehe...would be joy incarnate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know where's a good place to see me bare breasted and smiley?

    SYDNEY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect holiday. Bring on the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness you are back. My pillow is wet my false leg is dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that turtle doesn't get lonely. There's nothing more tragic than a sad bastard sea turtle. Those sad eyes just tear up the soul. You and your lil' helper just might need to plan a reunion tour.

    Hi!

    ReplyDelete