Monday, January 30, 2006

Part 4237

Soundtrack: Bright Eyes / Another Travelling Song

*stretches*

Hi.

tick tick tock

The clock on my desk is the slowest clock in the world tick tick tocking with alarming torpidity.

But here in my shell I like it like that.

********

When the sun is behind you and the wind is at your back all it takes for you to be free is to stretch out your arms and smile. I learnt this lesson a long time ago though it slips my mind from time to time. Get caught in a downward slipstream and it's no longer your own wind you're blowin' in. Stand still with the light in your eyes and you'll find it hard to know where to put the next step.

********

Fuck it.

I reel my line back in off the end of the pier and read the message that is attached to the wire. I hadn't needed to use a hook, for I didn't wish to hurt the fish. The fish say: Too warm up there. Stop. Right now prefer cold dark sea. Stop. Thankyou come again. Stop.

I empty my bucket of heads and guts and blood, and what do I get?

But I keep fishing here because I am patient and because it's a nice spot to spend the day and because because because.

Once a girl I liked in High School asked me what my favourite word was, I think she was coming on to me, and I just answered / didn't think, I answered... "because"

I would like to change that moment in time. I would like to have a word that conveyed so much more as my representative in her memory bank. Though were you to ask me that question I'm still not sure I could answer it. Here is a list just for today.

Amorous.

Degustation.

Languid.

Coquetry.

Sweet Ass.

Love.

I'll get back to you soon. As you can see, my mind is on food, sex and lazing about.

Sweet as.

7 comments:

  1. other other other other mattJanuary 31, 2006 at 1:24 AM

    Could be worse... my word when asked the same question was "uh".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "degustation"

    tetsuya says: MARCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about 'lucky'. it was the name of my cab driver and he cured me of hiccups. amazing!
    though i still cannot read the word veridication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Guilloche"

    For:
    Ornament
    Mathematics
    Hair
    Bindings
    Ciphers
    Spirographs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abominate...adore...lieu...blue...smoke...dust...dusk
    ...loft...onomatopoeia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Ass is TWO words. Did you create that fucking Delfin ad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fucking Delfin ad?

    And I KNOW it's two words but the reason it's COOL is because it's not really, spoken as one, it morphs into its true form.

    Lucky is not one of my favourite words. END OF SUBJECT.

    ReplyDelete