Monday, June 12, 2006

Like sand through the hourglass

I fall down the side of the sand dune, sticking, burning, crusted and red. Above the sun gives selflessly, unaware in its bliss that in fact, its love is killing me. Its light, torture.

I'm in a desert. And the horizon holds no respite, only Arrakis, desert planet...a long, long way from home.

I remember how I got here, I was looking for a sign. I followed a sign and it said: THIS WAY. But that sign is long forgotten and my blind faith in its direction has brought me here. Nowhere.

Stupid sign. Stupid blind faith.

So I lie at the bottom of the dune. A sand angel. And above me are the dreamers, the clouds, made for dreamers and so I dream.

In my dream I take the sand and melt it down and though I have no tools I make glass, I make a mirror and I climb atop the dune and reflect.

And I think, even though I cannot see a sign, maybe someone, somewhere can see mine, and this will bring them to me.

When I wake up, I am in a rainforest, but that's a whole other story.

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice thought. I should visit more often.

    ReplyDelete