Sunday, August 13, 2006

Perpetual Nonchalance.

I wake up, switch on the radio and luck onto the Stones.

I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead.
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled.
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I was crowned with a spike right thru my head.
But its all right now, in fact, its a gas!
But its all right, Im jumpin jack flash,
Its a gas! gas! gas!

Somedays, you just know shit is going to be alright.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a director about my script which is not coming along too well. Though the nergy behind the idea is a feeling not unlike falling in love. Originally I thought I would ask for help, from people who know. But now I know that it is mine and mine alone. Success or failure. Self sufficient.

I like that.

Wednesday I'm going to a farm. Long walks and fresh bread and walks in the mist.

I like that too.

********

Archie laughed at the irony of it all. Laughed at the fact that he had come back to this place out of all places. There was the river, the bridge, the grass. There were the sheds behind which he smoked his first cigarette. There was the theatre to which he still had the key. Seventeen fucking years ago, he thought, nothing has changed. Nothing.

Then laughed at the complexity of that sentence. Some things change, some stay the same.

He heard whistling beside him and sat on the damp grass and let go.

********

Last night a great hulk of a man stood at the end of the bar with his back to me abusing me to all who would listen. He would walk up to people I knew and point at me and tell them he was going to beat me up, and that I was sly and devious and a woman stealing cunt. While he was doing this I hugged perhaps six or seven friends who were girls. That is as far as I go in terms of woman stealing. I love beautiful women and they love me. In the end he glubbed and slubbered out of the room, fists in pockets. Life is sometimes so very strange. That whilst I see myself as a little sad and broken, someone else sees me as a lusty lothario eyeing all and sundry. I guess that's a compliment.

I'll take it as a compliment.

There is a lot to write, but I don't feel like writing it on here. I need to get back to my script. Wish me luck on the morrow if you happen to drop by today.

Hope you're all good and stuff.

6 comments:

  1. I'm all good and stuff, we should go for a beverage soon but only if the subject of the tiges v lkions game does not rear its ugly head.
    Hugs to you mister.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck for TODAY i think it is now. isn't it?

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd it go mister? Sending out the positives.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you. For today and for your baggage-free future.
    Hugs.
    Dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll wish you extra extra good luck for today matty b, I've been wishing you luck since forever (ok, since I started reading your blog), but that seems such an astonishingly long time now. :)


    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete