Sunday, October 1, 2006

Gibberjaw

What did you do today? I asked.

Well, I painted the walls of the lounge room I built, learned how to use Flash, looked at carpet, made a Japanese-black-colour woodstain though I got the ratio wrong, it should've been 1:5 but I made it 1:3, is there a way to fix that? Now I'm going to cook dinner then I have a business meeting at 7.30 though I can't tell you what it's about, but it's not making animatronic dinosaurs which I do during the day. What about you?

Well, I went for a long walk, and umm...

Oh come on, you're STILL mopey? Just make the fucking decision to get on with it. I really think you're just being lazy. And you're too good for that. Now, come in here and keep me company while I re-organise my studio. Then tell me which sort of noodle we need to use for dinner.

I think I'm hanging out with the right person if I need to focus on self-motivation.

********

A chronological list of jobs I have done, inspired by having to make a resume the other day.

Assistant Manager of Chicken Shop.
Dressing up as a giant chicken and playing a mandolin in order to attract business to said Chicken Shop.
Marijuana Dealer.
Stacking newspapers as they came off a printing press.
Typesetting said newspapers.
Managing the typesetting division of said newspapers.
Ecstasy Dealer.
Production assistant of big sucky music streetpress.
Production manager of big sucky music streetpress.
Designing front covers of big sucky music streetpress.
Art Director of competition to big sucky music streetpress.
(this competitor went out of business after six weeks which led to...)
Going back to being production assistant of big sucky music streetpress.
Publisher.
Editor.
DJ.
Promoter.
Writer.
Barman.

And now...

Wharfie.

WHARFIE. WTF.

This is going to be nothing if not interesting.
I'm really hoping I have to put a hit on someone.
Then I can blog about it.

********

Still mopey. Or still distracted. Or still some sort of weird stalker. I don't know.

But I guess I thought holding hands with gorgeous spunks at the Corner Hotel can't be a bad way to heal a heart can it? But I guess it can if it leads their heart down a dangerous road. And if I am really not in a position to give much in return. So much trouble this Love business.

So I shift all my focus (I'm lying, I mean I TRY to shift all my focus) on what I can do at the end of the year if I go to work-stay at home for the next few months. And how much I can save if I first pay every single person in the WORLD back the money I owe and then keep my money to myself.

Three months is not that long. And considering there's not a Hell a lot of places I can actually go out anymore in Melbourne right now, it can't be that hard.

So here we go...instead of thinking...
CONFUSION/LOVE/OUCH/SAD/GRRR/SEX/
HORNY/WOW/GIRLS/PARTY/WHAT?/CRY!?LONELY

I take my friend, the busiest little egg in town's advice and think:

CAR?/HOLIDAY?/GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS COUNTRY?/
CAN YOU REALLY BUY SOME BUSH WITH ONLY $5000?

It almost works. But I grab hold of the rock I keep, the one with my soul in it, and grip it tightly all the same.

See you on the docks.

2 comments:

  1. Wharfie! How fun.

    Do you wear a hard hat? At a jaunty angle?

    Also a bit terrifying.

    Keep your fingers away from heavy machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. We dock hoors need some fresh blood.

    ReplyDelete