Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I won't, be the one to disappoint you. Anymore.

A few things that made me happy this week:

A myspace bulletin from Jesus with the title: I lost me keycard! Fuck!

My best friend being back in Melbourne and saying she enjoyed John Fante's Ask The Dust, but it wasn't any better than what I write.

Getting free tickets again.

Late night dinners in secret Japanese restaurants which wash away bad moods.

The Kaiser Chiefs' song: Love's not a competition (but I'm winning)

A conversation about meeting a cow up a tree. Either the cow, or the person telling me the story, was wearing a mini skirt. I'm pretty sure it was the cow.

Talking every day with people on the other side of the world.

This rain right now, while I'm in my bed, on the internet, listening to Pete Molinari sing, "I'm so indescribably blue" and "My love's in a bottle of Gin"

G'night.



********

It's a soft rain, a gentle rain, a kiss that barely brushes the cheek. The cat likes it, she sits and stares out the window, turning to face me from time to time. She blinks slowly and I smile, my whole body smiles a lazy curve.

I haven't made it, not yet, but I'm closer to the end than I ever was.

I'm not insane, I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just the proud owner of a living, beating, healing heart.

I close my eyes and dream a future.

And when I wake, I find the future has come.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    G'night mon chéri. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck to you matt. to you and your cat and your secret japanese restaurant.

    you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe that myspace bullettin made me smile too. it's all beautiful m'man

    cheerio

    ReplyDelete