Wednesday, June 13, 2007

In nothing, peace.

Fact #486354b:

Tropic of Capricorn. A torrential stream of fuck, soul, love and the meaning of life. A book that contains a thousand quotes where you would have been proud to write but one of them. A direct communication between the subconscious fantastical and the sadly tangible. Fuck me, the guy can write like no-one I've ever read.

********

Fact #486438:

IT'S SO COLD I CAN'T FEEL MY TOES. STOP. SEND SOCKS. STOP.

********

Fact #486436:

There's this hilarious scene in an incredibly fucking bad sci-fi movie called The Chronicles of Riddick, in which Vin Diesel is strapped into the back of a mercenary ship and the shot creeps tighter and tighter onto him as his voice-over reveals the Toledo Steel Rapier Strategy that forms in his brain, a plan so cunning it could only have been formed by Leonardo Da Vinci fucking Einstein like the Big Bang in an MC Escher Multiverse...

"I'm gonna kill all 'dese guys"

The Japanese formed an entire religion based on such simplicity.
We made a cereal.

********

You know these days the family unit is struggling due to the war on Iraq and if the Liberals would only use the senate majority to change the media ownership laws then the price of petrol would mean that the Average Joe wold be able to fly the flag though if he doesn't get tough on watering his garden then it means that next time I'm in court the drug runners that have come in from the terrorist funded boat people will completely overwhelm our welfare system and we'll all be buggered.

I'm Alan Jones.

Cockwit.

********

In my stupidity I like to find superstition in strange places. I don't really care about stepping on the cracks, or throwing salt over my shoulder, but at the start of the year I did decide that the fortunes of my football team would reflect how I was progressing in my life after the fun and frollicky few years of gaiety and peaceful excitement that I had just lived. I really wish now that I hadn't of done that. But of course, this year is all about rebuilding. And I'm happy for my friend George, who finds himself on top of the ladder of life.

Time for work, bye.

5 comments:

  1. Henry Miller is awesome, you should read the Rosy Crucifixion trilogy. But I still think Capricorn is his best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pick up pins, buttons and coins I spy on the ground for luck and put them in higher places. If I refind them, I have to put them somewhere higher again.

    You can tell if I go somewhere often because all the highest bookshelves are littered with my superstitious bits and pieces.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that too. I have ear rings and rocks and strange totems and more rocks and I keep them on my shelf. Mostly rocks. I have a whole lot of rocks. They tell me stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the profane to the profound in the blink of an eye. Always pegged you as Brunswick's own Henry M, Mr. B.
    Capricorn(s) rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine compliment fellow 5th-er.

    See you on the dance floor.

    x

    ReplyDelete