Thursday, October 25, 2007

The gun.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm starting to feel ready.

********

What book are you reading?

It's The Wine of Youth, by John Fante.

Is it good?

Yeah, he's my favourite.

What sort of book is it?

Um. I don't know how to answer that. It's about the sentences. He has amazing sentences. But I can't explain it to you.

[reading the back] "he possesses a style of deceptive simplicity, full of emotional immediacy and tremendous psychological point"....

[beat]

I like pictures. I used to read. But I really like pictures.

It's okay, I have to keep working now.

2 comments:

  1. I just remembered something. A while ago I recommended 'Cowgirls get the Blues' and you'd read it and recommended me other stuff which I can't recall or find the comment. I read Fante, on your advice, and it left me two parts trembling and three parts amazed, so um, yeah. Where should I avert my eyes to now, Mr Sherriff? More trembling parts, please.


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAS. Hello. I like it when you drop by.

    I think because you were talking Tom Robbins I thought you should try Still Life With Woodpecker, because it's silly and it's about love and typewriters and red heads and it has heart and I like that.

    Let's start with that, and I'll think of some more, and if you lose these comments, you are always most welcome to email me. x

    ReplyDelete