Monday, December 1, 2008

Driftwood.

I dreamed
that I was driftwood
thinking,
I can live like this
every night
a different tide
takes me to a different shore
and
I'll roll in the waves
and
I'll lie face up
on a silent sea
lit blue 
by the laughing face
of the moon.

I can live like this,
the me that was the driftwood
thought.

I'll never sink, see?

The sea 
saw.

No weight is the way
and sometimes, I say
to the muted tides,
I'll spin
a glass angel
on the marbled surface
of the ocean
this is the method
that I will use
to discover what
lies
over my own horizons
I'll be free
I'll relax every muscle
and you - the tides, still, listening -
will take me there
you will be my engine room
my navigator.

Yeah,
I was thinking that
you know -
high as the tide
with no worries inside
a pack on my back 
maybe one big thick coat
maybe a tree
out somewhere pretty
you know,
for when it rains
a retro
vision
of what it would be like
to walk

just walk.

I could live like this,
I thought 
that day.

Homeless
but dry
and happy 
inside
with a
humble
little
dream
to be
forever free...

Yep.

[I roll a smoke here 
and 
maybe 
take my shoes off.]

I thought that
that day.

but 
it 
just 
wasn't 



me.








1 comment: