Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yuul.

What do you believe?

What is that
nothing
inside you
where there should
be
something?

I mean
shouldn't there?

Are you a cynic
a cad
a scrooge
a cool hipster
too now
for World Wide Love
too anti this
for
this?

what?

you got
too much
disbelief
too much sight
that's it
you can see
everything
for
what
it
is
can't you?

So what is it?

This day...

what is it?

Is it a lonely
sentimental
dream
is it tomorrow
and what it brings
is it momma
is it pain
is it holding hands
with a girlfriend
is it cars rushing
in the stress
constant drinking
constant texts
a barrage of love
for one day only
I wanted to tell you
I love you
today
because today
it's ok
today is
The Love Day
isn't it?

What do you believe in?

I splash cold water
on my face before
I answer the question
to silence the
morning voices.

I believe
I say to myself
behind bleary eyes
under weasel red hair
in a child's voice

I say

I believe
that
one day
our
Hope
will become
Truth.

Maybe today for you
maybe tomorrow for me.

The kettle boils.

Merry Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment