Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'll sit here until I know.

Used to be
I was never afraid
of all the twists
and turns
instead what I did was
I used The Devil
in me
the one who yearns
for movement
- homesick for
fire? -
to smokescreen
all doubt
and blinded
I'd run from one
maniacal adventure
to the next.

So do I do that
now
knowing what The Devil
in me
is capable of
knowing that
there are no
restraints
once he is free?

Or does he die
and with him
me?

********

Things ain't all that, but it's a smoke day, a burger day, so that's all. What I'm trying to do is, I'm trying to ask the same question of everyone I trust, or don't, and find out their opinion of my mad impulsive plan.

I mean, if you'd spent ten years in the same suburb, wouldn't you go mad?

But to sell your life in pursuit of The Unknown - well, doesn't that just happen in books?

Who would be mad enough to do that in real life?

4 comments:

  1. i know a woman in her early 40's who sold up and moved from Western Australia to Melbourne, just so that she could see a particular band play more often.

    of course - some people think she is a bit of a stalker.

    erm ... and i am not talking about myself. Tho i did consider doing the same thing :) I don't like the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. yea who would be that mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, that'd be crazy. who'd up and leave to pitch camp by a fern glutted, pine scented waterfall? nuts. flagrantly insane to set up mic and sing by the salted marshes. utter madness.

    ReplyDelete