Monday, April 13, 2009

Well Worn Shoes.

Tell me that dream
in which 
I am a rich man.

I'd like to know
why the factories
closed down.

Explain to me
why I can't
feed my family.

And help me forget
these
well worn shoes.

All that I know
is I fight
with my lover.

I have to hide
because I owe
my brothers.

Tell me real clear
why I can't
help my sister.

And help me forget
these 
well worn shoes.

I've heard that you
can die
from over eating.

But I'll never fear
that
oh so perfect death.

I'm smoking what
some guy
smoked before me.

And I'm living in
these
well worn shoes.

Last night I dreamed
that The Devil
came to see me.

He said, just say the word
and I'll make
you rich as well.

So tell me again
why I 
did refuse him
when I could be 
wearing
new shoes
in 
Hell.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I'll try that on something more contemporary:

    "You probably don't recall me, but you saved my arse when I was recovering from cancer by introducing me to EODM. Just wondering if I can repay a fraction of the kindness by buying you a ticket, if you don't already have one. As always, wishing you well.

    Meg"

    2:42 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...I don't know what to say. I don't have one as yet, but not sure if I can take you up on such generosity.

    If you like, you can get me on hoteltijuana@gmail.com
    and we can have a chat. I hope all is well in your world.

    ReplyDelete