Monday, August 17, 2009

The Alchemist.


I never really knew his work
a few pieces here and there
the opera house
the water
his wife
that house
that garden...

But oh boy
I stood in his studio
on Saturday morning
and
I got EDUCATED.

I got educated
so hard
(how hard?)
so hard
I had to walk outside
and smoke
because my heart was beating
a kaboom connection
and I was giggling
drinking in
the deft humour
and samurai surrealism
the Zen eye
warrior
the independent
heart

oh boy

oh boy
outside Matty
take a breath
you just found
(years later than everyone else,
on your own time,
as with music
the best way to do it)

you just found

a soul brother.

And from then on in
the sun it shone
on Sydney town.

And I haven't stopped
smiling
since.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, like where've you been brother?
    GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! My Gay took me there and my head exploded - I'm going back every three months to watch the exhibitions change - oh my oh my oh my...HE SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

    You know me. I'm very slow...

    Hallo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.

    I have some beautiful writing on him I shall find and send you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesum, would love to read it.

    And thankyou. x

    ReplyDelete