Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sprung.



We are runaways
you and me

improvising
a Life
beneath the Freeway
overpass

huddled close for protection
and not just
against the rain

and the wine keeps us warm
and your big blue eyes
dart to and fro
and I
take turns
hiding from them
and then
hiding
in them

and you laugh
(for real)
at our misfortune
and that is
the greatest gift
of all

we stop
for a time,
Quiet,
and I imagine
that you imagine
that I imagine
and sometimes we smile
and sometimes we just
sit

until the sky
decides
enough is enough
and ceases it's mourning
moves on
and
showers
us
with warmth.

And
Once Upon A Time
A Lion says to a Goat - "Hello!"
as it stretches out
content (but not lazy)
on the Heated Rocks
beside a river.

Hello,
says the Goat
and smiles
as he
listens

to the water
fall rush

wondering to himself

if maybe now
he
can
relax.

********

Yeah, lying with me half-awake
Stumbling over what to say
Well, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

So throw those curtains wide...

One day like this a year



would see me right.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment