Saturday, February 20, 2010

Door.

There are patches on the wall
that have been painted over
but the nail still remains
it hangs its head in shame
and as I walk down the hall
my hands touch you
my tears dream you
my words breathe you
and
I can't lie
I was hurt before you
and here it
is
again
there's that crazy laughter
there's that lonely dafter
and there's the colour
blue
singing
no one else is
you.

There's a creek beside a lake
that runs deeper than me
I'm getting drier by the day
no more drinking, no more games
and until I make my mark
I'm a sleeve without the heart
a shadow without the skin
a laugh without the grin
and I can't lie
I was hurt before you
and now
here
it is
again
there's the sky without the stars
an open road that's full of cars
and there's the colour blue
singing
no one else is
you.

There's a song inside my heart
that I can't sing you
'cause I can't see you
and I can't breathe you
I can only dream you
and now I'm
all shades of blue
because no else is
you.

5 comments: