Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Invitation.

What a shame
that burning pain
was all the rage
when we were going out -
I've been holding on
to the last of you
thinking that
if I just kept your dress
this whole sordid mess
would keep me in check
and you' never forget...

Now you're invited
to The Burning.
bring your old photos
and Love Notes.
We'll make the flames
so high
they shame the sun
and keep it burning,
until we find The One.

As I'm cleaning out
our old bedroom
I hear a song
that you never knew
that I liked too.
And there's paper bags
everywhere
and gasoline
that I got from
God knows where,
but it's time to not care.

So you're invited
to The Burning.
Bring your old photos
and Love Notes.
We'll make the flame
so high
it shames the sun.
And keep it burning
until we find The One.

And this whole sordid mess
that kept us in check-

we can finally forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment